Skip to main content

Here goes my first...

So its almost 2 am in the morning and I am sitting tucked in my bed with my daughter and husband. Life Mash Allah is good I have the two people who complete me right here by my side...but my mind keeps drifting to those for whom life isn't as normal...those who might be sitting in the hospital corridor dreading any news of their loved ones...or what about those who do not have their significant other in their lives anymore...

We all pretend to be empowered women who do not  need men in our life...but trust me deep in our hearts we know that if for nothing at all we crave for companionship...just a small peck on the cheek or your name being called out lovingly from the bed room for just a glass of water...makes you feel queasy in your tummy at times...the feeling of being needed...it completes you....and makes you look forward to the next day and the next and the next..and so on....

So let's cherish this feeling for as long as it lasts...for as long as I breath my last....I don't know about the rest but I somehow feel empowered when I have my companion by my side...always, for good or for bad....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A rendezvous with Ayeza Sumsam Mohiuddin (Brand Manager,Skin Health Care Category)

My meet-cute with Ayeza was out of any professional and academic settings, we met at a mutual relative's place and instantly clicked. She was a year younger than me and yet her take on life inspired me at that point in time too. We then lost touch of each other only to meet again at IBA, where we used to pass occasional glances and smiles as we both were too occupied to make a decent conversation. Today, when I searched among my Facebook friends for an inspirational marketer, Ayeza's named popped in my mind and on my screen almost immediately,I reached out to her, not expecting her to message so promptly as I knew she is a busy young lady. But, this bright person made me awe struck once again, by the very manner in whichshe welcomed the idea of "The Placement Office", I could feel her giddy with excitement as she answered all my questions pain painstakingly detailing as much as possible.  I hope our conversation with Ayeza today, can inspire hundreds and tho

Fields of Gold

I was standing in my kitchen admiring the lush  greens that Islamabad offered me after a short spell of rain...the soothing scent of the first few water droplets hitting the dry barren earth was like magic to my nostrils.....lost in my reverie ...the rain and the weather somehow made me nostalgic, took me back to memories of 82.5. 82.5 was my room at Warwick...the one place where I want to go back to again and again..the one place that set me free from the confines of my own personality...gave me a chance to explore...to create memories that I can always look back to...I still remember my first trip to my room..one of the most hectic journeys for me. I was accompanied by my dad that day, back then we were both new to the English weather..had just left all our family exactly two weeks ago to shift to a land where it never stopped raining! (hailing from Karachi,this seemed like an abnormality to me).  The killing walks Anyways as you can very well imagine we both weren'

Learning,to Unlearn

I was lazily surfing my newsfeed when this video caught my attention  study session  this video shows a mother is force teaching her daughter..people are m a making all kinds of comments on it..some even have the audacity to find the video "cute" and entertaining!! The sight of that child wailing and crying and trying to remember simple counting brought back memories flooding back to my mind of a friend who had to go through to the same ordeal. I was among the cool kids who would spend a good one hour at a task and there you go.it used to be etched in my memory, when teachers would ask  us about the task we would raise our hands up  high to answer the question and get some brownie points...but there in the corner would be my buddy...the uncool one. The one who would sink in the back benches to escape the wrath of the teacher who would miss no chance to sham that poor kid in-front of twenty others just because to her things didn't come as easy as they did to us.