I woke up from the bed to find him all dressed up...his cologne was too hard for me to bear. My empty stomach was whining even though it had just been a few hours since I last ate. I saw his grumpy face as he walked down the stairs...his eyes gave me that hopeful look that I might just stop him and ask him to work from home...just today....
But well, a man's job is a man's job...and my job here is to rejuvenate this man somehow..amidst all the odds that the weather and the Holy month has to offer...so guess what?...I today decided to bring that twinkle back to his eyes and make him what I call a series of Lifesavers...ehehe..
Ingredients ( for one Glass)
- Juice of one lemon ( Without seeds :Medium sized)
- Two Tbsp Sugar
- Pinch of Black rocksalt
- Pinch of iodized Salt
- Put all the ingredients in a glass and stir the contents until they all dissolve. Serve chilled (I keep this in the freezer for good 2 hours so that it gives a slush sort of feel).
- Pour it in a goblet and top it with a mint/coriander leaf..(you get brownie points from him for some great presentation ;)
Ingredients(makes 4 glasses)
- Half Kg Grewia asiatica (Aka Falsa)
- Half tsp Black rocksalt
- Half Tsp iodized salt
- One leveled Tsp Black pepper
- One Leveled Tsp White pepper
- Sugar (Be generous with it if you are not a big fan of tangy juices)
- Ice cubes (one tray)
- Water(7 glasses)
- Blend all the ingredients together and sieve it well
- Serve chilled with a small lemon wedge stuck to the corner of the goblet and a mint leaf to top off the look.
Trust me, my life saver drinks really saved the day for me..and brought back that cheerful smile back, for which I long all day...not only that it sort of filled up my whining stomach too..ehhe..so for now lets enjoy that smile...the drink and this happening melody...