Skip to main content

Pseudo Lives




As a student, I always failed to understand Pseudo codes…I still remember how my computer teacher would try to make me write these codes to understand programming better (only me and my God knows how I passed those courses…gulp!)

After almost 20 years now..I came across the term Pseudo Muslims…and God was I amazed or what...I wondered in awe if the word “pseudo” can actually be paired with Muslims…but the times that we are living in made me believe   this is what it has boiled down to…

It was past 4 am..I was about to put down my phone and resume my sleep after the hectic Ramadan chores when the BBC headlines caught my eye…A UK based Chinese friend of mine had shared the story..and ironically she didn’t even take my “stay safe comment”, well…I don’t blame her…I am sure she must be thinking that after destroying their peace….I am trying to console them…(not that I was remotely even related to it all..but my Muslim tag was enough to put her off….)..

I got frantic after last night’s episode. I was trying to get in touch with my  friends and family…telling them to be safe and careful….(something that they would be telling me usually…)..but the tables have been turned…terror attacks..are no more a domain of just the third world nations…nations far more ahead of us…are now at cross roads on how to tackle such episodes….
Truth be told…the recent London attacks, the Manchester episode then the one at the House of Commons…it’s all creating unrest among the people…I have lived in the UK for 3 good years. I have experienced two very different cities there…London, where I had my family home and Warwick, where I had my dorm…not once did I feel unsafe…I still remember my walks in the wee hours of the morning after my combined study sessions at my friend's room (Okay..you got me right..it was more like gossip 101..rather marketing and strategy going on)…and then  when I traveled to Birmingham with my younger sister at 5 in the morning..just to pick up my engagement dress. We took a tube then a train…but there were no worries. For life was simple back then. I doubt if now such situations will possible…(considering I told all my friends not to even do grocery alone….)


What I don’t want to do is - advocating my religion…we advocate matters where there is room for doubt….but my religion is complete….my people though…have become pseudo…and my religion isn’t to be blamed for it….it’s a matter of life choices that these people make…no matter how staunch Muslims they are…they are but humans…  and human beings in spite of being told the black and white by  religion,deviate from it,go astray….and do what they think is right and play god….

These people are not pseudo Muslims. They are pseudo Gods…they believe that they have the responsibility of fixing things…making them right…leaving no grey areas…but God didn’t send us to this world to do His job. Or did He?..God sent us to do a job that we could handle better. And that was to help people around us…sadly we have lost track..of who we are…why are we sent to the world…and what is our aim in life…..

let’s embrace differences. Let’s do our job well…the clock is ticking…


On this note I shall leave you people with my favorite piece of poetry by Sahir Ludhiyanvi..the first that came to my mind today…




Ae Shareef Insaano
khoon apna ho ya paraya ho,
nasl-e-adam ka khoon hai aakhir;

jang mashriq mein ho ya maghrib mein,
aman-e-alam ka khoon hai aakhir.

(Nasl-e-adam : humanity, mashriq-maghrib : east-west)

jang to khud hi ek maslaa hai,
jang kyaa maslon ka hal degi;
aag aur khoon aaj bakhshegi,
bhookh aur ehtiyaaj kal degi.

(masla : problem, ehtiyaaj : needs)
khoon apna ho ya paraya ho,
nasl-e-adam ka khoon hai aakhir;

jang mashriq mein ho ya maghrib mein,
aman-e-alam ka khoon hai aakhir.
(Nasl-e-adam : humanity, mashriq-maghrib : east-west)

jang to khud hi ek maslaa hai,
jang kyaa maslon ka hal degi;
aag aur khoon aaj bakhshegi,
bhookh aur ehtiyaaj kal degi.
(masla : problem, ehtiyaaj : needs)

bartaree ke saboot ki khatir,
khoon bahana hi kya zaroori hai?
ghar ki tareeqiyan mitane ko,
ghar jalana hi kya zaroori hai?
(bartaree : greatness)

Bomb gharon par giren ke sarhad par,
Rooh-e-taameer zakhm khati hai;
Khet apne jalein ke auron ke,
Zeest faaqon mein tilmilati hai.
(Rooh-e-taameer : spirit of construction, Zeest : Life,Faaqon mein tilmilati hai : wrecked by starvation)

Tank aage badhe ke peeche hate,
Kokh dharti ki baanjh hoti hai;
Fateh ka jashn ho ke haar ka soug,
Zindagi maiyaton pe roti hai.
(Kokh : womb, baanj : barren, Fateh : victory, Jashn : celebration,Soug : lament, Maiyaton : corpses)

Isliye ae shareef insaano,
jang taltee rahe to behtar hai;
aap aur ham sabhi ke aangan mein,
shama jalti rahe to behtar hai.
bartaree ke saboot ki khatir,
khoon bahana hi kya zaroori hai?
ghar ki tareeqiyan mitane ko,
ghar jalana hi kya zaroori hai?
(bartaree : greatness)

Bomb gharon par giren ke sarhad par,
Rooh-e-taameer zakhm khati hai;
Khet apne jalein ke auron ke,
Zeest faaqon mein tilmilati hai.
(Rooh-e-taameer : spirit of construction, Zeest : Life,Faaqon mein tilmilati hai : wrecked by starvation)

Tank aage badhe ke peeche hate,
Kokh dharti ki baanjh hoti hai;
Fateh ka jashn ho ke haar ka soug,
Zindagi maiyaton pe roti hai.
(Kokh : womb, baanj : barren, Fateh : victory, Jashn : celebration,Soug : lament, Maiyaton : corpses)

Isliye ae shareef insaano,
jang taltee rahe to behtar hai;
aap aur ham sabhi ke aangan mein,
shama jalti rahe to behtar hai.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A rendezvous with Ayeza Sumsam Mohiuddin (Brand Manager,Skin Health Care Category)

My meet-cute with Ayeza was out of any professional and academic settings, we met at a mutual relative's place and instantly clicked. She was a year younger than me and yet her take on life inspired me at that point in time too. We then lost touch of each other only to meet again at IBA, where we used to pass occasional glances and smiles as we both were too occupied to make a decent conversation. Today, when I searched among my Facebook friends for an inspirational marketer, Ayeza's named popped in my mind and on my screen almost immediately,I reached out to her, not expecting her to message so promptly as I knew she is a busy young lady. But, this bright person made me awe struck once again, by the very manner in whichshe welcomed the idea of "The Placement Office", I could feel her giddy with excitement as she answered all my questions pain painstakingly detailing as much as possible.  I hope our conversation with Ayeza today, can inspire hundreds and tho

Learning,to Unlearn

I was lazily surfing my newsfeed when this video caught my attention  study session  this video shows a mother is force teaching her daughter..people are m a making all kinds of comments on it..some even have the audacity to find the video "cute" and entertaining!! The sight of that child wailing and crying and trying to remember simple counting brought back memories flooding back to my mind of a friend who had to go through to the same ordeal. I was among the cool kids who would spend a good one hour at a task and there you go.it used to be etched in my memory, when teachers would ask  us about the task we would raise our hands up  high to answer the question and get some brownie points...but there in the corner would be my buddy...the uncool one. The one who would sink in the back benches to escape the wrath of the teacher who would miss no chance to sham that poor kid in-front of twenty others just because to her things didn't come as easy as they did to us.

Fields of Gold

I was standing in my kitchen admiring the lush  greens that Islamabad offered me after a short spell of rain...the soothing scent of the first few water droplets hitting the dry barren earth was like magic to my nostrils.....lost in my reverie ...the rain and the weather somehow made me nostalgic, took me back to memories of 82.5. 82.5 was my room at Warwick...the one place where I want to go back to again and again..the one place that set me free from the confines of my own personality...gave me a chance to explore...to create memories that I can always look back to...I still remember my first trip to my room..one of the most hectic journeys for me. I was accompanied by my dad that day, back then we were both new to the English weather..had just left all our family exactly two weeks ago to shift to a land where it never stopped raining! (hailing from Karachi,this seemed like an abnormality to me).  The killing walks Anyways as you can very well imagine we both weren'